Porsche Pack Volume 3 – Console
The latest update for Assetto Corsa, the Porsche Pack Volume 3 and Update 1.12 we reported on last week is finally out for the Playstation 4, with the updates coming to Xbox One players tomorrow.
Console players of Assetto Corsa should now be getting used to being 2-3 months behind PC users when it comes to these updates, it must be very frustrating watching the clock to see when updates you’ve known about for a months will be available. As reported last week, the Xbox One update has suffered a delay, but thankfully the team over at Kunos have made an effort to get that delay down to just one more day. Great work!
This is the final of three Porsche Packs, finishing the Assetto Corsa Porsche extravaganza. It is made up of racing icons of historic and contemporary racers. The pack was originally meant to contain a 2017 911 RSR, however this was delayed as the team felt the car was not ready for release yet and so the Turbo S was brought in to make up the numbers. Despite the swap, Kunos have promised that the new 911 RSR will land as a free upgrade to the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 when the car is ready.
PORSCHE PACK VOL. 3 DLC CARS
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
- Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
- Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
- Porsche 908 LH
- Porsche 917 K
- Porsche 911 R
- Porsche 911 Turbo S
The accompanying update has a few items of note, such as improvements to the damage and repair system intending to make collisions more realistic, some models have been tweaked including some cockpit instruments, and some Events for the 3 Porsche Packs and the ‘Red Pack’ have been added.
The Macan Turbo, the last of the free Porsche bonus cars will be made available.
Private Lobbies are not included in this update, however a comment on the Assetto Corsa’s Facebook page states that they are aiming to get it out in 1.13 (bad luck for some). Also missing is the Custom Championship feature, although you can be fairly confident that Kunos are working on getting this out for their console playing community.
UPDATE V 1.12 Changelog
- Added support for DLC content: Porsche Pack #3
- FREE bonus car! – Porsche Macan Turbo
- The damage and repair system has been improved. As a result, collisions will now appear more realistic
- Various 3D models have been tweaked and improved, including that of the cockpit instrumentation
- Reviewed damage curve and repair times
- Fixed wing damage model on Nissan GTR
- Fixed graphics kersCharge and kersInput for ERS system
- Fixed wrong online pit crew locations
- Improve AI cut detection
- Fixed Ferrari FXX K fins
- All-new special events
- 15 events for The Red Pack DLC
- 13 events for Porsche Pack Vol. 2 DLC
- 12 events for Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC